The history of Grupo Estevez begins in 1809, when the firm Jose Lena Rendon y Compańa, dedicated to sherry and brandies aging, becomes Bodegas Jose Estevez S.A. In 1982 Jose Estevez de los Reyes bought shares of the Marques del Real Tesoro winery and in 1985 the Estevez family took control of the winery. That same year the family began to plan the merger of the two companies under the name Bodegas Jose Estevez. The origin of the Valdespino winery is very old. Count the chronicles of the time that in 1264, of the 24 knights who fought next to King Alfonso X El Sabio in the reconquest of Jerez de la Frontera to the Arabs, one of them was Don Alfonso Valdespino, who once finished the reconquista and like the other knights, the king rewarded with the cession of lands and farms in the city of Jerez.
Thus began the long tradition of the Valdespinos. Although since 1430 there were already commercial activities, the Valdespino firm was born in 1875 as a public limited company.
Region: Jerez, Spain