The Glenmorangie distillery was established in 1843, on the Dornoch Firth by brothers William and John Matheson. The site originally held a farm distillery under the name Morangie. There is evidence that distillation was carried out at this site during the early 18th century. Production began in November of 1849. During the latter part of the 19th century Glenmorangie began overseas exportation and destinations included Europe and the United States.
Region: Others, Scotland