Winemaking at the castle dates back several centuries. The oldest archaeological record finds the Gobelsburg’s site dates back some 4,000 years, and a castle of this name is mentioned in 1178. The castle and grounds were sold to the Cistercian monks of Zwettl Abbey in 1740 and have been in its possession ever since. In 1996, the present managers, Michael Moosbrugger and Willi Bründlmayer, took over the management of the property. The winery and the wines have won numerous awards and accolades.
Region: Niederosterreich, Austria